Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013

first english post

To me it's quite astonishing, but somehow the second biggest group of readers comes from the US.
I know some of my old friends are reading this blog by using "google translator", but I also know how crappy this translations are, so for all my friends out there, I'll try to write some of my blog posts in English.
(Hoping that my English is not as bad as the google translations ;-) )

I'll start with my very first blog post from March 2012 which is called
"Beeing wrong 50% of my time"

I'll use this blog to write down my thoughts and experiences on things like "lean" manufacturing or management.
Hoping that my posts will become more interesting with continuous use of this new medium for me.
In addition it would be awesome if you, dear reader, will be inspired by my posts and post your thoughts in my comments section.

A few words about me. I'm working with metabo (a swabian power tools manufacturer) for about 2 years now. So my thoughts and views will reflect the experiences I gather during my work here, but I'm quite positive that my problems will be the same problems many lean users experience throughout their lean journey.
I had the chance to get to know many different companies during my studies of industrial engineering, from the giant automotive supplier to a very small construction equipment manufacturer.
The most interesting aspect of business for me, was to see different processes and think about how to get them simplified.
I came across "Lean" quite late during my studies. Since the moment I read "The Toyota Way" I'm not able to resist the philosophy of lean and it's tools.

I'm fully aware that I just started my lean journey and really hope to be able to look back on this blog one day and say: "Boy were I wrong with this....and that....", cause this would prove that I learned something along the way.
As the saying goes: "I'm wrong 50% of my time"

So that's it for the first day.
Hope you keep reading!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen